Hospice Director of Nursing - Competitive Salary
Seeking Skilled and Communicative Registered Nurse (RN) - Director of Nursing as an in office position.
The Director of Nursing would serve as a vital member of the hospice interdisciplinary team under the Medical Director.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2-4 years of Hospice or extended Home Health experience and be an integral team player with experience in ensuring quality care to the patients and their families. Clear communication and compassion are a must. This is a highly-compensated position that offers a market leading benefits package.
- Plans, directs, coordinates and monitors the delivery of all direct and indirect services to clients
- Monitors patient care in office and reports changes of condition, reviews medication and plan of care, etc.
- Communicates with attending physician, other physicians, field staff and office staff as well as clients and their families.
- Documents notes in compliance with guidelines and office charting requirements
- Manages nursing team with Medical director
- Assists in trainings and in services for the staff.
- Manages QAPI as well as other administrative and nursing responsibilities.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with a current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of California.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years in role of RN case manager. Minimum of two (2) years experience in Hospice or Home Health or hospital.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct clinical and administrative personnel.
- Knowledge of Medicare regulations and rules.
- CPR certified.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills including the ability to market and relate tactfully with customers and other members of the community.
- Must be licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements.