WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation
- 401(k) with employer match
- Professional Growth and Development Opportunities – Clinical Ladders
- State-of-the-Art Simulation Lab
Founded by Nancy Hinds in 1981, we put our organization mission at the foundation of everything we do, continuing to honor Nancy's legacy while remaining competitive in the changing Hospice Care landscape. We have an amazing staff of 200, over 350 devoted volunteers and a dedicated Board of Directors. When you join Hinds Hospice, you join a mission driven organization that honors the journey of our patients and their families.
We are looking for a Per Diem Hospice Aide to join our team.
Under supervision of the Director of Hospice Inpatient Care Operations, the Hospice Aide cares for patients by providing personal care in the Inpatient Home. Demonstrates knowledge, attitudes, behaviors, and skills that are consistent with the performance standards, code of ethics and scope of practice for hospice aides.
- Assists with patient activities of daily living.
- Assists with implementation of plan of care.
- Maintains accurate documentation in accordance with hospice home policies and procedures.
- Assists in the mobilization and ambulation of patients.
- Communicates changes in patient status and patient reports of discomfort.
- High School graduate or GED/equivalent
- Home Health Aide Certification from an approved training course
- Minimum one year experience as a Home Health Aide.
- Demonstrated ability to work with health team personnel.
- Current CPR, recent physical and TB, Tdap, MMR, Varicella, HepB, and flu immunizations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a willingness to use personal vehicle in the course of employment.
- Must show proof of automobile insurance, proof of current auto registration and acceptable driving record.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (i.e., Push, Pull, Lift/Carry 50 lbs.)
- Ability to learn and assimilate the Sun Coast Computer Program/System.
- Weekend availability.
POSITION CLOSES WHEN FILLED
All interested and qualified individuals are invited to complete an application.