WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Packages – FREE employee Medical Coverage and AFFORDABLE family rates
- 401(k) with employer match, EAP, Credit Union and Life/AD&D insurance
- PTO (24.5 days per year for Full Time employees, based on a 40 hour work week)
- Professional Growth and Development Opportunities – Clinical Ladders
- State-of-the-Art Simulation Lab
Founded by Nancy Hinds in 1981, we put our organization mission at the foundation of everything we do, continuing to honor Nancy's legacy while remaining competitive in the changing Hospice Care landscape. We have an amazing staff of 200, over 350 devoted volunteers and a dedicated Board of Directors. When you join Hinds Hospice, you join a mission driven organization that honors the journey of our patients and their families.
We are looking for a Full Time Hospice Aide to join our team.
Under supervision of the Clinical Manager, the Hospice Aide cares for patients by providing personal care and services to patients in their homes. Demonstrates knowledge, attitudes, behaviors, and skills that are consistent with the performance standards, code of ethics and scope of practice for hospice aides.
- Assists with patient activities of daily living.
- Assists with implementation of plan of care.
- Maintains accurate documentation in accordance with hospice home policies and procedures.
- Assists in the mobilization and ambulation of patients.
- Communicates changes in patient status and patient reports of discomfort.
- High School graduate or GED/equivalent
- Home Health Aide Certification from an approved training course
- Minimum one year experience as a Home Health Aide.
- Demonstrated ability to work with health team personnel.
- Current CPR, recent physical and TB, Tdap, MMR, Varicella, HepB, and flu immunizations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a willingness to use personal vehicle in the course of employment.
- Must show proof of automobile insurance, proof of current auto registration and acceptable driving record.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (i.e., Push, Pull, Lift/Carry 35 lbs.)
- Ability to learn and assimilate the Sun Coast Computer Program/System.
POSITION CLOSES WHEN FILLED
All interested and qualified individuals are invited to complete an application.