WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package – FREE employee Medical Coverage and AFFORDABLE family rates
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Credit Union and Life/AD&D insurance
- PTO (24.5 days per year for FT employees, based on 40-hour work week)
- Company Car Program & Mileage Reimbursement
- Professional Growth and Development Opportunities – Clinical Ladders
- State-of-the-Art Simulation Lab
Founded by Nancy Hinds in 1981, we put our organization mission at the foundation of everything we do, continuing to honor Nancy's legacy while remaining competitive in the changing Hospice Care landscape. We have an amazing staff of 200, over 350 devoted volunteers and a dedicated Board of Directors. When you join Hinds Hospice, you join a mission driven organization that honors the journey of our patients and their families.
We are looking for a Full Time Chaplain to join our team.
Reporting to the Manager of Spiritual Care, the Chaplain is responsible for the provision of spiritual services and support to patients and their family/caregiver in keeping with their belief system and the spiritual philosophy of Hinds Hospice. The Chaplain implements their activities relating to spirituality of hospice care consistent with policies and procedures.
- Graduated from an accredited seminary or school of theology. Ordination or endorsement from a faith community.
- Clinical Pastoral Education or equivalent training and/or experience in hospital or pastoral ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree from a related specialty required; Master’s Degree in theology or similar study is preferred.
- One-three years prior experience in working with patients/families dealing with life threatening illness and death desirable.
- An understanding of the internal dynamics of the Interdisciplinary team with other staff members, externally, in the patient/family setting, with other clergy, and in the community.
- Recent TB, Tdap, MMR, Varicella, HepB immunizations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a willingness to use personal vehicle in the course of employment.
- Must show proof of automobile insurance, proof of current auto registration and acceptable driving record (no more than 3 points within a 36-month period).
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (i.e., Push, Pull, Lift/Carry 35 lbs.)
- Available to work weekends.
LOCATION: Hinds Hospice – Merced, California
All interested and qualified individuals are invited to complete an application at