WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision package – FREE employee Medical Coverage and AFFORDABLE family rates
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Credit Union and Life/AD&D insurance
- PTO (24.5 days per year for FT employees, based on 40-hour work week)
- Company Car Program & Mileage Reimbursement
- Professional Growth and Development Opportunities – Clinical Ladders
- State-of-the-Art Simulation Lab
Founded by Nancy Hinds in 1981, we put our organization mission at the foundation of everything we do, continuing to honor Nancy's legacy while remaining competitive in the changing Hospice Care landscape. We have an amazing staff of 200, over 350 devoted volunteers and a dedicated Board of Directors. When you join Hinds Hospice, you join a mission driven organization that honors the journey of our patients and their families.
We are looking for a Full Time Licensed Vocational Nurse to join our team.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team the Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) under the direction and supervision of the Clinical Manager or a registered nurse, provides direct patient care to patients in their home as needed.
- Completion of a Licensed Vocational Nursing Education Program.
- Demonstrated ability to work with health team personnel.
- Minimum 1 year experience in acute care facility or community health agency, (prefer one-year hospice experience).
- Current LVN license, CPR, recent physical and TB, Tdap, MMR, Varicella, HepB immunizations.
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license and a willingness to use personal vehicle in the course of employment.
- Must show proof of automobile insurance, proof of current auto registration and acceptable driving record (no more than 3 points within a 36-month period).
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job.
- Ability to learn and assimilate the Sun Coast Computer Program/System and navigate through multiple technical interface portals to enter and retrieve information related to patient care.